The Zig-Zag – Soccer Dribbling Drill
The Zig-Zag soccer dribbling drill focuses on dribbling with speed, using the inside, the outside, and the bottom of the players foot.
- Setup your disc cones about 5 yards apart in a zig-zag pattern.
- The length of the zig-zag pattern should stretch approximately 20 yards.
- Players will line up at the starting point, each using their own soccer ball.
- The first player in line dribbles around the outside of the cones in a zig-zag pattern.
- When the dribbling player reaches the end, they must sprint the distance of the zig-zag course and return to the back of the line.
- Let the players go through the course a few times to get comfortable.
- As the players are moving to their right side, they must dribble normal.
- However, as the players move to the left side they must roll the ball with the soul of the right foot.
- Change the pattern to move normally when moving to the left, but roll the ball with the soul of their left foot as they move to the right.
Additional dribbling skills can be added, such as:
- Dribbling in a complete circle around each cone
- Moving the ball through the pattern with the soul of the foot only.
Video examples coming soon 🙂